Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Long time, no see!

::crawling up from underneath a mountain of research papers and PowerPoint presenttions::

Hi! Wow, it's bright up here. Even though it's overcast all the time and the sun is only up for about 4.5 hours per day, it's still much brighter than my dark corner of studyallthetime-ness. But it has to be done. The only way I accomplish anything is to just remove myself from the innernets altogether. Otherwise, I start "checking my mail" and the next thing I know, three hours have gone by. But I know what Britney bought at the convenience store yestrday, by golly. And isn't that what's truly important? I think I'll be back among the living sometime before Christmas. At least until I start studying for qualifying exams...

Anyway! I promise not to bore you with my exciting stories of learning about paramutation or oxygen-hemoglobin binding kinetics. No, really, I promise! You should really just praise me all day for this.

I poked my head out of the jumble because I'm winding things down so I can enjoy four uninterrupted days of not studying -- I'm going to Missouri to see Gator for Thanksgiving!!! I'm so excited!! I leave very early tomorrow morning for Chicago, where I'm meeting my friend Amanda, who is driving to Columbia. Roadtrip with fun friend and a long weekend with Gator! AWESOME!!

But before that happens, my cool New Friend Veronica (it's been, like, a year. You'd think I'd stop calling her "New". Apparently not.) is taking me to see Debbie Harry tonight! How fun is that? I'm so ready to rock out to Rapture. And now I'm in the Man From Mars! Tee hee.

So, okay, yes. I do get study breaks. And I've even spent some of them crocheting. Cwazy, I know! So I finally (only a couple of months late) finished "Sister" Annette's wedding potholders! I hope she likes them! (Of course, I hope Mick likes them, too!)




Bright and cheerful and cool. I like them, anyway. :)

And last, but CERTAINLY not least, I got the best surprise in the mail yesterday (all the way from England)! A pressie from blog buddy Judy! It's a little crocheted turkey "butt" refrigerator magnet and it came with the most lovely card. Ain't it the cutest? (And don't I look tired?)


Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love making friends on this here Interblag!

And now, excuse me while I go eat guitars... Hee!

_____

4 comments:

Becky G said...

Well, hello there! Nice to see you back among the living. Have a great Thanksgiving and a great time with Gator.

The Turkey butt is too cute!

YarnThrower said...

Great to hear from you, and I don't think you look that tired, but maybe it is your youth which keeps you looking so chipper and alert :-)

I hope you have a great trip, and a nice time with your hubby! Have a great "rest of the semester"! Can you believe it's almost over, ALREADY?

Dorothy said...

Great butt. Very cute. *snicker* I am feeling a little childish today.

You look bright eyed and raring to study the subject of Gator. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

DawnK said...

Glad you got to see Gator for the weekend. The road trip sounds like fun. I love road trips! I've gotten to road-trip to St. Louis twice now - once with my high school band and once with my family!

The potholders are very pretty. I love that they are opposites. I love the little turkey thingie, too.

Internet surfing time can get away from you, easily. I can see why you just removed yourself from it completely. Back in the dark ages of the late 70's and early 80's, there wasn't any internet for me. I didn't even have a computer at college, although one of my sisters had computer word-processing, just a semester after I graduated. (so, not fair.) I can't imagine how much more time I would have wasted on the internet. It seems like I found enough distractions without the internet! LOL!