Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm flaking again

Title sung to the tune of "It's Raining Again" by Supertramp.

Now that Gator's socks are done, I'm trying to get back into my routine and flake it up on a weekly basis. I'm afraid I've become disillusioned with the patterns from the SimplySnowflakes group, so I'm going back to my solitary ways (though I'm staying with the group, I'm just not going to participate in the sign-ups anymore). This pattern was a free Lion Brand pattern (Number 4) and it's okay. Not my favorite, but not too bad. I had to go back to size 10 thread (I had been using size 20) because the pattern is actually written for sport weight and the middle was killing me in such a small gauge. I'm so used to size 20, though, that this seems so bulky and inelegant. I'm sure it's a personal problem, so I'm going to ignore it.



Yesterday I went to the Brewers game, which was great until the ninth inning when we blew a big lead only to go into extra innings and lose 8-6 to the Phillies. It was still a fun day, but the outcome of the game was a bummer.

After the game, New Friend Veronica took me to JoAnn so I could get a zipper to finish the Zodiac. I've decided not to embroider anything on it, mostly because a) I can't find a design that seems just right, b) I can't find a 50% cotton / 50% acrylic yarn in a yellow that will match the buttons, which I'm not willing to change, and c) my duplicate stitches always look like crap, and why crap up a perfectly good sleep sack? So I've decided to just block it, put in the zipper, finish a pair of baby socks that marginally match it (they're made from leftovers from my First Socks -- hey, there's some orange in there!), and call it good. The more I look at the Zodiac without embroidery, the more I like it, anyway.

Tomorrow is my final exam for the radioisotope safety class. I'm very excited for it to be over. So much so that I'm going to the Wisconsin State Fair right after the final as a reward. I'll try so hard to remember to take pictures of the craft and needlework highlights. And food on a stick. Because, really, it's all about foods on sticks.

_____

4 comments:

Becky G said...

I rather like that flake!

Have fun at the fair. Going to the South Texas State Fair was a childhood tradition that made for lots of great memories. At the time, however, I was more interested in the livestock than the craft items.

DawnK said...

That's a cute flake! The Wisconsin State Fair is just too big for me! LOL! I like going to the Sheboygan County Fair better. It's over Labor Day weekend.

We like looking at the animals, the elementary school artwork and getting mini-doughnuts and frozen cheesecake on a stick! My 15yo always has to go look at the horses, too. LOL!

We have to go on the Saturday this year, because on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, we will be taking my older daughter to college!

I haven't been to a Brewer's game, since I was in college!

jmk said...

Glad to see you back in the flaking saddle again. And a lovely flake it is, too. Sorry I'm a bit behind with the comments. Only just getting my life back in some sort of order after the visitation. ;-)

Eyal Zuri said...

Awesome blog you have heree