Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ack! They're coming to get me!

It's a beautiful day in Beer Town! I went to the roof for this lovely pic and, on cue, the seagulls started dive bombing me. Yes! Dive bombing! Screaming their horrible little screams and swooping inches over my head with death in their beady little eyes. A Tippi Hedren moment, to be sure. Did you know that seagulls are psycho in the spring? I had to ask around about this phenomenon and found out that it's nesting season and they claim all heights as their own. Apparently around the end of May they'll chill out and humans will be safe upon the roofs of the shore once more. But for now, dive bombing. Totally.

So enjoy that which I risked all for:



I haven't been crocheting or knitting or anything. I've been nursing a horribly messed up shoulder and I haven't felt like doing anything I didn't absolutely have to. I finally found a chiropractor up here and I like him and I've started a therapy regimen. It still hurts quite a lot and the exercises are still excruciating at this point, but I hope it will get better soon. So I don't know when I'll feel like picking up the needles and hooks again. Though I do hope to do some tomorrow. We'll just have to see. But I know I won't get any done today because...

I'm finally going on the Miller Brewery Tour! How could I have lived here this long and not partaken of this local tradition? Well, all will be righted soon. Afterwards, we're going to dinner at Saz's, another local mainstay, famous for their BBQ ribs (inasmuch as a Missouri girl can think of anyplace in Wisconsin being "famous" for ribs) and their sour cream and chive seasoned french fries. I've had the fries before; they're pretty tasty.

Last night, New Friend Veronica and I did not crochet. We did not go for a fish fry. Instead, we met at about 5 p.m. and set of towards the Lake on foot. We walked downtown, we walked along a road that winds along near the lakeshore, we walked through the East Side, we walked to the Old Watertower, we walked through gorgeous old neighborhoods, we walked by Burns Square (complete with big statue of Robbie Burns), we walked along Prospect Avenue and checked out cool apartment buildings new and old, we walked, we walked, we walked some more. We had supper and coffee at Alterra at the Lake, which is located in an old pump house that used to pump water from Lake Michigan into the Milwaukee River to combat the horrible pollution of city's waste, which they pretty much just dumped in the river. I think at some point they finally figure out that they could cut out the middle man and dump it directly into the Lake instead, freeing up the pump house for fair trade coffee. j/k. sorta. (V -- Yes, I know I'm completely talking out of my ass. No one else has read this far, so it probably doesn't matter. Tee hee.) We had a super awesome time. Next time I won't forget my camera like a complete doofus.

And, finally, this will probably come as a surprise to no one:

I am nerdier than 81% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!


Yes, that's right, kids. Bow down.

_____

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How freakin' scary!!!!!!!!!!!! I just took the test to ensure that you were WAAAAAAAY nerdier than me. I answered all the questions honestly and quickly....damn! Who'd a thunk it?

82%!!!!!!!

I'm shocked, puzzled, and to be terribly honest--terribly frightened right now. I think I will go back and re-take the test immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

48%...maybe I lied...or maybe I'm just cooler than I thought. Although that's not saying much. ;o)

YarnThrower said...

55%.....about as nerdy as about half of the people who take the test. I will keep this in mind as my kids get older and try to tell me that I'm not cool. Your adventures in Milwaukee sound like fun!...except for the part where the seagulls are attacking you, that is.....

jmk said...

I read that far. Nice looking building.

And I'd just like to say that I am only 39% nerdy. Allegedly.