Thursday, March 08, 2007

Materialism

What is it about finishing a stressful project that makes me want to buy things? I don't know either. Well, buy things and eat. But my glasses broke on Sunday and I have to conserve funds for eyewear replacement. So, after I did my presentation yesterday and barely finished the big, last-minute homework assignment, NFVeronica and I went to Target (after we went to IHOP -- food is most important after all). Thank god for the Dollar Spot:


I got to indulge in totally unnecessary shopping that inclued 0% guilt ($1 apiece!!) and 100% cuteness!! The Hello Kitty makeup bag I will totally use, the little tote (made from the same stuff they use to make disposable lab coats) is just right for carrying around some handwork, and I have no use whatsoever for the little plastic whistle!! But, cute!!

So then we went to the mall (V's going to England and Morocco next week -- she needed some stuff) and I found a much cuter version of something I actually needed.

Problem: Too many keys that are way too similar.

Solution: Those little colored plastic things that slip over the tops and color code your keys. Right? Right.

But!! I found the totally fabulous product Monkeys!!! OMG Cute!!!


Now, not only are my keys color-coded, they are expression-coded (the gray one is for the workout room in my building -- lol!!), cuter than bugs in rugs, and I have the Monchichi jingle on constant loop in my head. Excellent!!

$5 for six. Not bad. So, for $8, and the price of and omlette at IHOP, I had a very fulfilling post-stress shopping spree. I am well pleased with myself.

Oh, and I didn't buy this last night, but I hadn't shown you. Hey, Sweetie, this is what you got me for Valentine's Day. You have great taste. ;)



Eyewear shopping will not be anywhere near as fulfilling.

_____

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Heeeeelooooo Kitty!!!!!!!

aija said...

Those monkey key covers are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm glad you had fun for such a thrifty price. Good luck with the glasses shopping. I'm currently all packed including a bunch of my new purchases, just have to put together my carry-on. Yay! I'll talk to you when I get back.

Anonymous said...

Love the bracelet and the monkey key covers. Too cute! Girly likes the Hello Kitty.

Sometimes a little inexpensive retail therapy is just what the doctor orders.

futuregirl said...

That is a gorgeous bracelet!